Business Intelligence Laboratories
Business Intelligence is Your Lab’s Future
Today, most laboratories are dealing with huge amount of data which is often seen more as a burden requiring storage and protection than a resource to tap for better decision-making. Most laboratories have large pools of overlooked data which could provide actionable insights to help achieve performance goals.
As a LIMS company, our interactions with these laboratories tends to focus on sample testing. This typically involves the infrastructure needed to manage the related instrumentation, workflows, samples, supplies and data. The data matters, because virtually every lab we work with has key performance indicators (KPIs) related to sample testing. With analytics, these KPIs can be used to help improve the operational efficiency and reduce the costs labs experience.
The ability of your laboratory to effectively utilize lab data analytics will become increasingly important with time. Why? Because labs that master their data will be more likely to thrive and succeed in five ways:
- Analytics boost the innovation lifecycle. Insights driven by internal lab data, corroborated with external data, add value to R&D process.
- Lab data analytics help you ensure high product standards by improving the quality forecasting of both finished goods and intermediary products.
- Insights derived from analytics improve the effectiveness of lab networks by enabling better use of human capital (HC) and other resources.
- Improve enterprise-wide communications, reach critical decisions faster, and produce timely, accurate reports on end products.
- Ensure product quality standards, optimize the efficiency and throughput of its continuous processes, keep the process parameters within governmental product and safety standards — all while controlling your processes with rigorous testing and real-time monitoring.